Discovery of India

Secrets to Enlightenment

The first secret to enlightenment is knowing that everything we do has an identity ("I"). I have my liking dogs "I" or my enjoying golf "I", or even my job "I". Obviously these "I's" are very useful in everyday life and even enjoyable most of the time, unfortunately they are very restrictive to our awakening to enlightenment. Mostly because we think of our "I's" as our self, which they are not, they are simply constructs of our brain. These "I's" want us to think that what they think with our organic brain is all that there is. Whatever the "I's" know is rubbish compared to what the higher consciousness can know; the "I's" are distracting, filling up our brain and getting in the way of thinking with our higher consciousness. The "I's" feed the babbler in our brain, talking about how we feel from our particular "I's" perspective. The organic brain has all these activities, leaving no room for the higher consciousness to function. This is why we need to diminish our "I's" in order to reach and build up our higher consciousness.

Here is one way to help diminish your "I's": Refer to yourself as the body. When you usually say, "I feel like, or I want..." replace the 'I' with 'the body'. So, now you are saying, "The body feels like, or the body wants..." This will help you detach from feeling that your body and the identities you have constructed for it are all you are.

The next major secret to enlightenment is achieving non-thought. What I mean by non-thought is shutting off the organic brain so you can think with your higher consciousness. How do we achieve non-thought? Meditation is a good start. However, any effort to have non-thought is a good way to have non-thought. The key is to relax into it. If the babbler starts yakking away, just slip past it with an easy going, "Okay I understand you want attention, but I'm going to give my brain a rest for a few minutes." Don't try to fight the babbler directly; this will create a quicksand effect. Instead, use tricks and techniques to help quiet the babbler. Obviously meditation is one of the better-known techniques, some other but lesser known techniques are: 1) Think about your body. Feel everything your body is feeling all at the same time, your legs resting on a chair or bed, your feet in your shoes, the clothes on your body. 2) Listen to as many sounds as possible, all at the same time. Hear the clock ticking and the dog barking in the distance, etc.

Having no "I's" and achieving non-thought are two of the most basic secrets to achieving enlightenment. There are many more secrets to enlightenment, if you are interested, just click on the link that says HowToBendReality.com and follow the other links.

To learn more about secrets to enlightenment go to http://www.HowToBendReality.com and click on the links. Bruce King writes on metaphysical topics and teaches a workshop on how to bend reality.

 

posted by Sherry v Harris on 1:44 AM

0 comments:

Search